It's 1943, and Mobile, Alabama, is a wartime boomtown filled with bedlam and intrigue. The Old South coastal city is under siege by thousands who have left the backwoods and overworked cotton fields to seek their fortune in the city's new Army air field and its bustling shipyards. Shantytowns and tent cities are erected to shelter those who aren't crammed into every available room and boarding house. Schools work in shifts but can't meet the demand; garbage and sewage problems trigger rumors of typhoid, and out on the streets, young women are disappearing.
- The World’s Smartest Man
- I still love Major League baseball, but…
- Was it the worst of times or the best of times?
- Enduring dreams of combat
- Keating was a nightmare
- Let ’em do their job!
- Marijuana seems to ease PTSD symptoms
- Kerry built his career on the backs of U.S. troops
- The strange ‘Madmen’ view of the Vietnam War
- Guy walks into a bar wearing a rebel flag…