“Ask most combat veterans to name the worst experiences of their lives, and they’ll probably tell you it was war. But here’s the confusing part. When you ask them to choose the best experiences of their lives, they’ll usually say it was war, too.” This is the best account I’ve ever read on the topic. It absolutely nails the mindset of my DEATH’S DOOR protagonist, Jesse Yates.
- The World’s Smartest Man
- I still love Major League baseball, but…
- Was it the worst of times or the best of times?
- Enduring dreams of combat
- Keating was a nightmare
- Let ’em do their job!
- Marijuana seems to ease PTSD symptoms
- Kerry built his career on the backs of U.S. troops
- The strange ‘Madmen’ view of the Vietnam War
- Guy walks into a bar wearing a rebel flag…